It’s the most wonderful time of the year! As the garland is strung, the lights are lit and the trees flocked, the holiday spirit takes over the Gulf Coast. Pascagoula is ready to swing into the holiday and Christmas spirit with full force. There is a calendar full of events around town with enough fun to keep the entire family entertained. Since this is also a time of year where our wallets are taking a hit, it’s nice to have a celebration that only asks for your presence. Here are five free holiday events happening around Pascagoula, Mississippi that you can’t miss, courtesy of Mestayer Law Firm.
1. Downtown For the Holidays December 1 in Downtown — 5pm-9pm Bring the whole family into town for a Christmas street celebration. There will be carriage rides, food, live entertainment, and shopping. The day will also feature a walk-through Nativity scene, parade, children's area and more in beautiful Downtown Pascagoula. Elementary schools in the Pascagoula-Gautier district are participating in creating ornaments for their school's designated tree. Make sure you wear your worst holiday sweater for the Ugly Sweater Contest. Prizes will be given to the winners with the best Ugly Sweater for each age category.
2. Christmas On the River December 2 at the Moss Point Recreation Center — 10 am-all day Spend a day on the river for a one of a kind spectacle. Let the kids have breakfast with Santa. Enjoy food, music, stories, and prizes throughout the day. A Christmas parade will kick off the night’s festivities at 5:30 pm from the Southgate Mall to the Riverfront. Gather around for the tree lighting at 5:30 pm at the Riverfront Welcome Center. The main event kicks off at 6:15 pm with the boat parade followed by fireworks.
3. Christmas By the Beach December 7 at Beach Park (600 City Park Street)—5:30-8 pm Officially welcome Christmas to Pascagoula! Enjoy dance performances showcasing a scene from the Nutcracker. Take in the holiday magic with the lighting of the Christmas Tree and fireworks. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be there to make a special appearance. The park also includes a life-size Christmas village, a snow play area and face painting, as well as carnival games and inflatable playgrounds.
4. Mary C. Holiday Art Market December 16 at the Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center — 10 am-4 pm Take a day for some last-minute shopping at the Mary C. with the Holiday Art Market. Vendors will set up booths so you can peruse the many offerings of local merchants.
5. Christmas Cantata December 17 at First Baptist Church Pascagoula — 11 am No holiday season is complete without a beautiful show to celebrate the merriment. Join FBC for a cantata filled with your favorite songs of the season amidst the story of Christ’s birth. Bring the whole family for the service that ushers in the last week before Christmas. With all of the hustle and bustle that takes over our lives during December, what should be the best time of year can pass us by in a rush. Take time to breath and enjoy the festivities this year with these five free holiday events happening around Pascagoula, Mississippi.
Would you like to know more about what you can do to secure your family and household and protect their financial future? The Mestayer Law Firm provide fast, effective, professional and cost-effective expertise in the following legal fields: estate planning: including Trusts, Wills, Powers of Attorney and Health Care Directives; Social Security Disability cases, tax law Family Law, Probate of Wills, Administration of Estates, Will contests and abuses of Powers of Attorney; and personal injury cases.
For more information, visit www.pascagoulalaw.com or call us at 228-762-1193. No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. This article does not create an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed to practice law in Mississippi and have based the information presented on US laws. This article is legal information and is for entertainment and informational purposes only and should not be seen as legal advice. You should consult with an attorney before you rely on this information. Any information provided in this blog is accurate and true to the best of my knowledge, but that there may be omissions, errors, or mistakes.
© Southern View Media : Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. All Rights Reserved. Get Online or Get Left Behind!